KWMC

Tweet: RT @martharoseking: Exciting to receive the printed ‘Clickety Click’ game! -a fun way to explore the findings from KW 2020’s digital inclu…

twitter
MenuMenu

Posts Tagged ‘food waste’

Change Creators: Week Five

This week the Change Creators had 1-to-1 workshops to solidify the plans they had started making during their practical project management session in Week Four.

Ella, Andreea, Yelena and Chelsea, met up with Mena, KWMC’s Young People’s Programme Manager, and discussed their ideas about research, sensor technology and marketing in order to set deadlines and identify the actions they need to take to make their mental health campaign a success. They felt it was important to decide on a name for their campaign at this stage. After getting their creativity flowing their first idea was using a symbol that represents overcoming hardship: the semicolon. As the punctuation mark is used when a sentence could have ended but didn’t, the group agreed that it’s a symbol that shows positive change can happen when it comes to people’s lives. From there, the name came naturally: It’s okay;

After lots of discussion and enthusiasm, with tasks allocated for the next few months, the mental health campaign is ready to kick off!

This week the food waste team met Kerry McCarthy, the MP for East Bristol & Shadow Secretary for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, to discuss issues surrounding food waste within households and suppliers. They also met with Ali from Altitude Tech to further discuss ideas about how they could use sensing technologies in their campaign.

This week both groups were able to further their planning and preparation in order to launch their campaigns.

 

Meet a Change Creator: Jay

Name: Jay Carter-Coles
Age: 20
Campaign: Food Waste                                                 change creators_Jay_B&W

What made you apply to be a Change Creator?
I applied to become a Change Creator because there are so many issues that I feel passionate about, but I never before felt that I had a voice in my community. I saw the advertisement on Twitter and realised it was the perfect opportunity for creative people to create change within society. I was hooked and sent off my application the very same day!

What are you up to when you’re not developing your campaign with Change Creators?
I spend about 30% of my time working as a front of house assistant at a seafood restaurant. The other 70% is spent freelance filmmaking! I have filmed commercials, music videos and events. I also do a lot of work as a production sound recorder.

What aspect of Change Creators are you most excited about?
I am most excited about putting our campaign into action and actually seeing the positive affect that it will have on society.

Where do you see yourself at the end of the programme?
At the end of the programme I will be writing and producing my own documentaries, aiming to raise awareness of big issues that affect our small blue planet.

If you would like to see Jay’s work you can check out his blog here at https://jccvblog.wordpress.com/      Twitter @jay_c_c

Contact Us

Knowle West Media Centre
Leinster Avenue
Knowle West
Bristol
BS4 1NL
+44 (0) 117 903 0444
enquiries@kwmc.org.uk

Share This Follow us
Join In
Sign up for our monthly e-bulletin and receive the latest news and events