· Are you a musician looking to collaborate?
· Are you experiencing a creative block?
· Do you want to be part of a live music event?
· Do you want to be a better performer?
During the programme, you will:
· Improve your song writing
· Develop your live performance skills
· Collaborate with other musicians
· Learn how to mix and master your own tracks
· Receive professional coaching and mentoring
· Be part of a live music event
Following the programme, you could:
· Perform at festivals/gigs around Bristol
· Get voluntary or paid work with Knowle West Media Centre as a music facilitator
· Receive continued support to develop as an artist
· Use KWMC’s studio facilities for free
· Get involved in Sound Wave: Sessions
Successful applicants are expected to attend the following:
Pre-retreat meet: Thursday 27 June 2019, 6.30 – 9pm
Retreat: Sunday 7 – Tuesday 9 July 2019
Open rehearsals: Wednesday 10 July 2019
Sound Wave: Live gig: Thursday 11 July 2019, evening
The retreat takes place on the outskirts of Bristol in a quiet, rural location.
The programme includes workshops, masterclasses, performance opportunities, and creative free time. All sessions will be facilitated by music industry professionals, experienced musicians, and life coaches.
The programme is open to musicians aged 18-25. You can apply under two categories below:
· Based in Hartcliffe, Filwood/Knowle West, Knowle, Withywood
· Other Bristol postcodes
· Members of 3rd Space partners (ACE, Basement Studios, BPM, Creative Youth Network, Trinity)
We encourage applications from people currently under represented in the music industry such as Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic groups (BAME), people with disabilities, and those not currently in education, employment, and training (NEET).
Taking part in the programme, including food and accommodation, is FREE to you – thanks to the support from our funders and partners.
We have limited funding to support some childcare needs during the programme. To discuss options please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 903 0444 to speak with Mike.
Travel to and from the retreat is included. Additional transport costs can be covered if required.
Applications have now closed.