Are you a budding performer looking for a confidence boost? Are you a songwriter who’s hit a wall and needs some inspiration? Are you an aspiring music workshop leader wanting to improve your facilitation skills?
Hone your existing musical talent, learn new skills, and work collaboratively with other female musicians.
From Her Tracks ran in 2018, however, we are always looking for funding support.
For more information on potential upcoming opportunities please contact Dot Baker at email@example.com
During the programme you’ll be supported to:
– Improve your live performance skills
– Be inspired to create new material
– Work collaboratively with other female musicians
– Develop your practical knowledge of music technology
– Learn to promote your brand
– Receive professional mentoring and coaching
Following the programme, you could:
– Perform at festivals/gigs around Bristol
– Get voluntary and/or paid work with Knowle West Media Centre as a
– Receive continued support to develop as an artist, musician or
– Use KWMC’s recording facilities for free
– Get support to mix and master your tracks
The residential takes place on the outskirts of Bristol in a quiet, rural location.
The programme will include workshops, masterclasses, performance opportunities and creative free time. All sessions will be facilitated by music industry professionals, experienced musicians and life coaches.
This residency is open to self-identifying women aged 18-24. You can apply under the two categories below:
– Based in Hartcliffe, Filwood / Knowle West, Knowle, Withywood
– Other Bristol postcodes
– Members of 3rd Space partnership (Trinity, Basement Studios, ACE Academy, Bristol Plays Music and Creative Youth Network)
We also encourage applications from participants not currently in education, employment or training (NEET).
Taking part in the programme is FREE to you, thanks to support from our funders and partners.
We have limited funding to support some childcare needs during the programme. To discuss the options please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 903 0444 and ask for Caitlin or Mena.
Travel to and from the residential retreat is included. Additional reasonable transport costs can be covered if required.
In order to apply please visit the Jobs & Opportunities. Applications are now open and the deadline is Monday 11th June 2018, 9am.
Knowle West Media Centre support people of all backgrounds to develop careers in the creative industries – particularly groups that are under-represented or have faced barriers to achieving their goals. We recognize that women are under-represented in music and want to help change this.
In a recent New York Times article*, it was reported that in the past six years only:
– Only 2% of the producers working on the most successful tracks were women
– 9.3% of Grammy nominees were women
– 12.3% of Billboard Hot 100 songwriters were women
– 22.4% of Billboard Hot 100 performers were women
The numbers in the UK are no better:
– 4.1% of works performed at the 2010 BBC Proms were composed by women**
– 5 women have won the Mercury Prize in its 18-year history**
– 16% of PRS for Music members are women**
– 5% of UK sound engineers are women***
– 2/10 UK festival headliners were female (original statistic: 8/10 UK festival headliners were male)***
We want to raise these numbers by supporting women to increase their confidence and achieve their goals. We also want to give women an opportunity to work with like-minded creatives in a safe and open creative space.