02/10/2018 - 04/12/2018
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Location: Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Avenue, Bristol
This music production course will give you the skills to start writing and recording your own music. Over 10 weeks you’ll learn the basics of digital software including Logic Pro X, MIDI, sampling and synthesisers, with handy hints and tips on mixing and arrangement to help you create the sounds you want to hear.
Whether you play an instrument, already dabble in production, or are completely new to music, you’ll finish this beginner course with a solid foundation for your future music-making projects.
Join us to gain a deeper understanding of the world of music at our professional music production studio.
– Introduction to music technology
– Discover the basics of Logic Pro X
– What is MIDI? Discover the perfect tool for composing
– Samples and synthesisers: explore how to create sounds completely from scratch
– Writing, arranging and mixing
– BPM, beats and breves: learn the building blocks of music, how to use chords and what makes a good melody
– Song structures: how different ideas and sections work together to make a song
EQ, panning, compression: essential tools for mixing sound
– Studio know-how: from microphones to mixing desk techniques
Course tutor Harry Stoneham is an professional musician and sound engineer of over 10 years, currently based in Bristol. Alongside a busy performance schedule he has taught music production at The Academy of Music and Sound, Southampton and several other schools and colleges.
Suitable for ages 18+*
Concessions available – please contact us for details
This ten-week course will take place on Tuesday evenings from 6.30-9.30pm, beginning on Tuesday 2 October 2018 and concluding on Tuesday 4 December 2018. All sessions will be held at Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Avenue, Bristol, BS4 1NL.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 0117 903 0444.
*If you’re aged 18-24, you can access funded artist development placements at KWMC, created for groups that are under-represented in the music industry. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.Book