Like many organisations, Knowle West Media Centre (KWMC) has been watching the unfolding situation with coronavirus and COVID-19 and listening to the advice offered by the government, NHS, and a wide range of other science and advisory bodies.
– Close Knowle West Media Centre (Leinster Avenue) from Tuesday 24 March. KWMC: The Factory (at Filwood Green Business Park) will remain closed (please see the specific Factory section below for full details.) Both spaces will be closed for the foreseeable future but we will reopen when it is safe and responsible to do so, and in line with guidance from the government.
– Temporarily stop running events ‘in person’ and find online ways to run workshops, activities and gatherings. Keep an eye on our social media channels (@knowlewestmedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for the latest updates.
– Temporarily close our after-school young people’s programme (Jump Studios) from Monday 16 March and focus our team on providing online activities. We will find new ways to support young people, reviewing the situation regularly and liaising with schools. We will be planning activities for the future and keeping in contact with all of the young people who regularly attend KWMC.
– Work with Knowle West Alliance and other local organisations to make sure accurate information is widely shared, and elderly and vulnerable people in Knowle West are supported.
– Support home working and ensure our staff team have the help and tools they need to work remotely and avoid becoming isolated.
– Stop all international and non-urgent work-related travel.
We are planning to do things differently for a while, such as supporting learning and social action online, and producing content and prototyping in new ways.
We also want to ensure we provide access to accurate online information and that no one feels isolated, scared or unsupported during this changing time.
We will be reviewing these measures regularly and welcome your feedback. You can contact us via 0117 903 0444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Having monitored current government advice, and in an effort to protect our community, members and staff, we have made the decision to close KWMC: The Factory to visitors from Tuesday 17 March 2020.
This includes postponing all forthcoming activities for the near future, including Factory tours, workshops, Members’ Wednesday Open Access sessions, machine hire bookings, and INSPIRE Talks.
We will be pausing membership fees from 17 March onwards. Invoices will be sent to members at the end of this month via the FabMan system for any machine usage before this point.
However we don’t intend to “go dark”. In fact, we are looking at ways to light up the current situation by exploring how we can continue to support, connect and inspire our community through online channels and non face-to-face activity. We’d also love to hear from you with ideas of how we can support The Factory community remotely at this time.
Thank you for your patience while we evolve for the testing times ahead. We will stay in touch with our members and course participants via email and will post our latest updates via social media (@kwmcthefactory).
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call the Factory mobile on 07858 669 225 or email email@example.com
For health information and advice about coronavirus and COVID-19, you can access the NHS website here.