Acceptable Use Policy
This policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.kwmc.org.uk (our site). This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our Terms & Conditions.
Who we are
www.kwmcorg.uk is a site operated by Knowle West Media Centre (we or us). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 04358350 and we have our registered office and trading address at Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Avenue, Knowle West, Bristol BS4 1NL.
We are a registered charity in England and Wales under registered charity number 1092375.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches the law;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit, or allow to be transmitted, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site against the provisions of our Terms & Conditions;
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site or any equipment, network or software used in the provision of our site.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions). You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Breach of this policy
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy constitutes a material breach of our Terms & Conditions and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all our costs resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to this policy
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.