Closing date Monday 30th January 2017, 11am.
Change Creators – The XLR Collective is a seven-month programme: during that time you will work in a small team to identify the issues you care about, then use music in creative ways to develop a social action project. You will develop transferable skills and knowledge as you begin your journey to lead and influence within the creative industries.
Change Creators – The XLR Collective will enable you to connect with leaders locally, nationally and internationally, build your self confidence, develop your musical skills and provide you with real experiences of leading.
The first phase of the programme is designed to be an intense and inspirational three-day experience, while you can fit the rest of the programme around your other commitments.
• 3 day creative leadership workshops – Bristol (non residential)
• 3 day music workshops and events – European location TBC (residential expenses covered)
• Weekly skills development sessions and inspirational workshops led by a wide range of leaders – musicians, artists, entrepreneurs and field specialists
• 1-2-1 professional development coaching sessions
• Develop a social action project based on issues YOU care about, collaborating with leading music / creative industry partners
• Perform at local festivals
• Create a live music pop-up event in Bristol
We would like to hear from people who:
• Believe they can change the world
• Love making music and/or want to work in the music industry
• Aspire to share, teach and lead
• Dream of working in an amazing team
• Can commit to the full seven-month programme
• Are eligible to travel to Europe (we can support you to get a passport if needed)
You’ll participate in a series of innovative, fun and creative workshops, which will be delivered by the XLR team and leaders in the music, events, promotion and political sectors. You will develop core skills (such as event management, team building and music leading) and you will use creative skills (e.g. music, photography, film, branding) to deliver an exciting music-inspired social action project.
Towards the end of the programme you will work with your own professional career coach to support you to set goals and go on to achieve your ambitions. At the end of the seven months you and your team will showcase the social action project as part of the finale of a pop-up music event, which will also be attended by creative industry leaders.
We expect that everyone will learn and develop in different ways and there will be an opportunity for you to share with us what you’ve gained at the end of the programme. Change Creators – The XLR Collective aims to support you to:
• Unleash your creative and musical potential
• Develop values-driven leadership skills
• Increase your self confidence
• Develop self awareness
• Feel inspired and motivated to achieve
• Widen your creative network
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Bronze Arts Award.
Change Creators – The XLR Collective is a Bristol-based programme with workshops taking place at various locations and venues across the city. You will have access to resources at Knowle West Media Centre, particularly during the development of the social action project. There will be a two-night, three-day residential to a European city in late March / early April (exact dates to be confirmed).
The induction session will take place on Monday 13th February, 6.30-8.30pm.
We’re offering this programme with a full bursary for each participant so it’s completely FREE, including the European visit! In addition we are able to offer some extra bursaries to cover reasonable transport costs and some accessibility needs if required.
Comment from pervious participant
“All the skills I’ve developed have really helped me to believe in myself, my decisions, and my opinions. I have discovered my own voice.” (Participant, Change Creators programme, 2016)
Assessments: Thursday 2nd February OR Friday 3rd February
Successful applicants notified by Friday 10th February
Programme Induction Evening: Monday 13th February
Programme begins with three-days of Inspiration sessions 9.30am-5pm Monday 20th to Wednesday 22nd February
Weekly sessions held on Monday evenings, 6.30-9pm: 27th February, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th March
European visit: Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April (please note these dates may change subject to flights)
Weekly sessions continue on Monday evenings, 6.30-9pm: 10th and 24th April, 2nd, 8th, 15th and 22nd May, 8th, 12th 19th and 26th June, 3rd, 10th and 17th July
Personal development 1-2-1 coaching, festival performances and group social action time: 24th July – 2nd September (times will be set by you and your group)
Final events for group campaign (pop-up performances): date to be decided by group (late August / early September)
Programme reflection: Monday 11th September
Programme Exhibition & Graduation: Monday 18th September