Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Avenue, Bristol, United Kingdom
11/05/2015 - 14/05/2015
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
40 years ago Knowle West had its own TV channel – now we’re bringing it back. Discover 23 hours of Knowle West TV, from the Fighting Cocks pub and Merrywood Girls’ to women’s liberation and local bands.
Join us from 11th – 14th May to bring it to life:
• drop in Monday to Thursday and see the footage
• identify people and places
• hear from the people who made Knowle West TV (Tuesday 12th May, 6-7pm)
• editing masterclass (Tuesday 12th May, 4.30pm)
• on Thursday 14th May David Hopkinson will be presenting new video works constructed from the KWTV footage and hosting a participatory event where members of the public can review and manipulate the archive live on the big screen.
The films will be added to the University of Local Knowledge at www.ulk.org.uk – a new website celebrating local knowledge and history. For details or to get involved call 0117 903 0444.
Read more on Know Your Bristol blog.