We are seeking established makers for 3-month residency.
The makers will be working on the project “I Will Always Have You”, collaborating with local residents to explore, design and develop a series of small-batch digitally fabricated “objects of desire” inspired by the rich tattoo culture of Knowle West. They will be able to develop their knowledge and practice using digital manufacturing processes such as 3D printers, CNC machines and laser cutters in a mini-digital manufacturing hub at KWMC and through access to the FabLab at the University of the West of England.
Find out more about “I Will Always Have You” project here.
We are particularly interested in makers with the following experience:
- Recognition in a particular craft discipline relevant to the scope and aims of the project;
- Experience of digital manufacturing processes;
- Socially-engaged practices;
- Product development, marketing and sales knowledge;
- Interest in developing sustainable enterprises.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this residency, please download and read the job description below and make a submission in a single Word or pdf document outlining the following:
- Describe your practice and the way you work in no more than 200 words.
- Outline a collaborative or socially engaged project, exhibition, commission or work that has pushed your practice forward and your key highlights in no more than 300 words.
- Explain why you are interested in this project in no more than 300 words.
- Include up to four jpeg images to illustrate your work and/or links to up to three websites that show your work.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “I Will Always Have You” in the subject line no later than noon (12pm) on Wednesday 9th July. For further information contact Luke Gregg or call 0117 903 0444.